Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dolls.

Here's some weird screenprinted sewn dolls I've made over the last year or so.

This doll went with a paperdoll 2d print.



This is a doll I made of myself, a sort of creepy self-portrait.  There are speakers sewn inside, with a cord coming out of the back butt pocket.  It plugged into an IPOD shuffle that fit inside the pocket.  When played, the doll said popular phrases that I have been known to exert, such as, "Cupcakes! Kittens!  Whiskey!  Young Money!"  My old roommate Jeremy Smania actually did the voices in a disturbingly good representation of me.



This hairy man doll is really nice.  Based partially on my boyfriend, Rory Burgess.  Rory is cuter in real life, promise.


I made this doll the Freshman year of high school.  It's a voodoo doll that looks alarmingly like Danny Merrill, my friend from high school.


More dolls to come.

1 comment: